Who We Are
We are a leading engineering and construction company in seismic retrofitting, one of the fastest growing and most stable segments of the engineering and construction industry.
Since 1984, the team at Optimum Seismic, Inc. has been making California cities safer by performing full-service seismic retrofit engineering and construction services on multifamily residential, commercial and industrial buildings throughout the state. Optimum plays a key role in Statewide and Nationwide initiatives for seismic resiliency. Our business model is built on value engineering: a systematic method of achieving the optimum ratio of functionality, safety and cost-effectiveness.
Seeking a highly motivated, versatile and innovative Human Resources professional with a passion for all Human Resources functions in the construction industry. The Human Resources Director will be an essential part of management team and play key role in company’s long-term expansion plan. The position will be responsible for organizing and directing all aspects of HR functions including talent acquisition, onboarding and offboarding, training and development, employee relations, daily involvement with pending Workers’ Compensation cases, ensuring that employees are following company handbook & safety procedures, implement and update current labor laws.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering employee contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Support management by providing advice and council as it pertains to Human Resources.
- As a strategic partner to management, advises and guides in the interpretation and application of HR policies, programs, processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Analyzes statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of problems and to develop recommendations for improvement of HR policies and practices.
- Daily involvement with pending Workers’ Compensation cases
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Maintains records concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends needed changes.
- Administers compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Directs the dissemination, interpretation and application of company policies.
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 5-7 years’ experience in human resources
- High level of integrity & ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Management of personnel resources
- Critical thinking
- Judgement and decision making
- Ability to Meet Deadlines
- ADP is a plus
Optimum Seismic Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits. Optimum Seismic Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.