Who We Are
Since 1984, the team at Optimum Seismic, Inc. has been making California cities safer, performing full-service seismic retrofit engineering and construction services on multifamily residential, commercial and industrial buildings throughout the state. Our business model is built on value engineering: a systematic method of achieving the optimum ratio of functionality, safety and cost-effectiveness.
This role is a key management position, vital for quality control and continued growth of the company. The director of engineering will work directly with the executive management of the company, will act as engineer of record as needed and manage all project engineering activities for the company.
• Value engineering
• Strategic design
• Training and leading staff engineers and drafters
• Coordination with construction teams
• Quality assurance
• Relationship management with permitting agencies
• Improve and maintain engineering standard
• 7-10 years of Seismic structural engineering experience
• Performance Management
• Financial Management
• Technical Capacity
• Business Mindset
• Verbal and written communication proficiency
• Ethical Conduct
• Leadership and supervisory skills
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Strategic Thinking
• CAD software
• Engineering software
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
• Ability to keep confidential information
• Proven ability to manage and motivate the engineering team to achieve excellent engineering designs meeting aggressive schedules.
• Strong communication and documentation skills are required
This position will be based in office in Vernon CA for 80 % of the time. Remaining 20% will be spent at building inspections and at construction sites during active construction. This position also requires very strong work ethic with determination and focus to achieve challenging goals, and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Generous compensation package will be offered for the right candidate.